Monday, February 1, 2010

School's In

Back to Work,

Hello everybody, my blog just woke up. It’s been hibernating for a while. Or maybe it’s me that’s been hibernating. School starts tomorrow and I’m ready to pick back up where I left off with the computer classes. Last term ended great in that I was able to have enough classes to test the 6th and 7th graders on typing. I had some real stars and rewarded them at the prize giving ceremony at the end of the year.

The health project that I mentioned in the last blog is at a standstill. To put on the seminars we need the approval from the Ministry of Health and we have yet to receive an answer.

Regarding the new primary school proposal to Japan I’m expecting good news fairly soon…..

For the last week I’ve been a shopkeeper at my families small store. We sell the bare necessities like, sugar, salt, candy, canned fish, spam, and mutton flaps. All the things that give people diabetes and hypertension. It’s amazing to see how much sugar people go through here. So I used the opportunity to try and do a little educating. Hopefully I got through to a few.

I got a new kitty. So that makes two cats now. The elder can’t stand the new one so they go at it all day. It’s better than HBO I swear. I hope 2010 is off to a good start for everyone and look forward to seeing you all at the end of this year.

Take care all,

Jim

No comments: